As usual with Summer School, I've had no life, and hence no time to post stuff. But I've been promising lots of people links to the FireFox applets and vid-watching software I use for a while now, so I've just bunged everything into this post (except for the security stuff I use).
These all work on Windows Vista and FireFox 3.0.6. Enjoy!
So Useful I Can't Live Without It
- Session Manager: saves your current FireFox browsing sessions.
- Tab Mix Plus: allows you to use tabs more easily.
- Delicious Bookmark Add-on: makes bookmarking on delicious super-easy.
- Copy Link Text (CoLT): allows you to copy and paste both the url and the associated text of a link. This makes reccing stuff waaay easier.
- WordWeb: free dictionary and thesaurus and that works on any application you're using. Awesome.
- English (Australian) Dictionary: add-on for FireFox.
- Read it Later: lets you temporarily bookmark stuff you know you only want to read once.
- Wordcount Plus: counts the words on a webpage.
- RoughDraft: easy to use freeware Word Processor.
- OpenOffice: freeware alternative to Microsoft Office.
- Adobe Flash Player: I've been having a lot of trouble getting streaming video to play on FireFox, but this recent applet has everything working, from imeem to YouTube. \o/
- Video DownloadHelper: I use this to capture streaming video.
- DownloadThemAll: download manager.
- VLC Media Player: will play almost any vid in any format. A truly awesome piece of software, and I don't know what I'd do without it.
- FLV Player: once you have flash working, and can download vids, you need a player. This is a free one and works fine.
- LJArchive: allows you to backup your LJ.
- FoxClocks: displays the time in different timezones on your browser footer.
- OTW's shop @ Amazon widget: donate to OTW when you shop.
- Fling and Classic FTP: FTP freeware.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please go ahead and leave comments. I may or may not have time to answer -- it all depends on the marking. Ten days to go!